Logical International Phonetics Programs (LIPP)
- User-friendly transcription module interface includes a gloss, target, and transcription line.
- Compare multiple documents simultaneously with multiple active versions of the transcription module.
- Bright and colorful displays facilitate transcriptions with main symbols in blue and diacritics in red.
- Play and perform spectral analysis for each transcription line
- Integrated shareware spectral analysis program allows users to play, cut, and paste speech samples.
- Includes a full dictionary for easy and convenient data entry and transcription
- Requires a computer running the Windows 10 operating system
For transcription and use of analysis packages provided by IHS.
For transcription, development of phonetic symbols, and analysis rules.
Upper LIPP Features
- Word processor-like editing capabilities
- Pop-up menus of phonetic symbols and program options
- Dictionary of correct phonetic forms for child vocabulary items
- Storage and retrieval of transcriptions
- Full Set of International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols
- Special symbols for common childhood pronunciations
- Optional pragmatic function coding
- Modifiable dictionary of correct phonetic forms
- Transcription reliability analysis by automated comparison of multiple transcriptions of the same utterances.
- Simple inventory analysis
- Segment inventories, context sensitive descriptions of correct and incorrect segment features, phonological process analysis complete with deletion, substitution, assimilation and metathesis rules
- Automatic printouts and disk storage of analysis outputs
- LIPP Analysis Language (LAL) allows user to define phonetic features for their custom analysis
- Highly efficient LAL compiler with error checking and messages